- White urad dal – 1/4 cup
- Rice flour – 2 tablespoon
- Ginger finely chopped – 1 teaspoon
- Spinach – 1 and 1/2 cup chopped
- Fresh coriander – 2 tablespoon chopped
- 2 green chilies
- Salt – 3/4 teaspoon
- Red chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- Whole cumin – 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil for frying
- Finely chop spinach leaves, fresh coriander and green chilies.
- Soak urad dal for 4-5 hours.
- Throw all extra water and grind it very fine.
- Add salt, red chili powder, whole cumin and garam masala, rice flour, ginger finely chopped and mix well.
- Add chopped coriander, spinach and green chilies & mix well.
- With the help of a tablespoon drop the vadas in hot oil and fry them on medium to high heat.
- Spinach vada are ready.
- Serve with tamarind mint dip.