- 800 gm chicken boneless
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup butter milk
- 4 whole red chilies
- 1-1/2 tsp whole cumin
- 1 small cinnamon stick (1 inch piece almost)
- 1 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 small cardamom
- Tortilla wraps (You can also use plain flour chapatis or naan)
- Lettuce leaves or ice burg (as required)
- cucumber pickle (optional)
- 1/2 cup Tamarind pulp
- 1 small onion
- 1 small tomato
- 1 green chili
- 12-15 mint leaves
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- salt (as required)
- In a pan, dry roast all ingredients of List 2
- Grind them in a grinder very fine.
- Add all list 1 ingredients with these grind spices in a bowl.
- Marinate it for 1 hour (more you marinate it the more you get the nice flavor).
- In a flat pan, cook the chicken with 2 to 3 tablespoon oil for 10 minutes.
- Cook for 5 minutes each side.
- Cut the chicken strips in bite size pieces and cook again in a flat pan for 5-6 minutes on medium heat so the chicken get more toasted flavor.
- For tamarind sauce, add all list 4 ingredients in a chopper.
- Chop them, but not very fine so you can get small chunks of veggies inside.
- Tamarind dip is ready.
- Lightly toast tortilla wrap on a pan with a little butter.
- Take wrap, layer some sauce with lettuce leaves, cucumber pickle and chicken chunks.
- Roll it, server with tamarind sauce.