The best soft and chewy sugar cookies loaded with sprinkles! No chill time, you can be diving into freshly baked Sprinkle Cookies in under 30 minutes. Let’s begin the taste!
- 2 cups (10 ounces) all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- About 1 cup rainbow sprinkles
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter, oil, sugar, and confectioners’ sugar until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add egg and vanilla and beat to combine. Add dry ingredients and mix just until dough comes together. Dough will be very soft but wrap it in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Adjust oven rack to upper and lower middle positions and preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Fill a shallow bowl with sprinkles. Use a 2-ounce cookie scoop (or a rounded tablespoon) to form cookies into balls. Roll each ball in sprinkles to cover then transfer to prepared baking sheet. Bake until cookies are golden at the edges, about 20 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling. Cookies will keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days.