Cherry pie filling and a melted chocolate drizzle top a rich, fudgy cake made from chocolate cookie crumbs.
- 1-1/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 21 ounces cherry pie filling
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- Heart shaped dough
- In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and sugar; stir in butter.
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a lightly greased 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom.
- Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° until lightly browned, 8-10 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt until thickened, about 4 minutes. Blend in chocolate mixture. Stir in flour and mix well.
- Pour into crust; spread evenly.
- Bake at 350° until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 25-30 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Spread pie filling over the top.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and cream; stir until smooth.
- Cool for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drizzle over tart.
- Chill until set.
- Serve with hearts.