If you’re after the best pavlova recipe to impress, look no further than this recipe which includes chocolate sauce and salted caramel. It is so easy to make and take less time to bake. Save your time and serve cool!
- 4 egg whites
- 8 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 (397g) tin sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (284ml) carton of whipping cream
- 1 dried vanilla pod
- Grated dark or milk chocolate, for decorating
- Preheat oven to 140 degrees C/ Gas mark 1. Cover a baking tray with a sheet of silicone paper.
- In a large, very clean bowl, whip egg whites until fluffy.
- Add sugar, one tablespoon at a time.
- When thick and glossy, spoon the meringue mixture on to the prepared baking sheet, forming a circle about 8 inches (20 cm) wide.
- Bake for one to one and a half hours. Set aside to cool.
- Place condensed milk into microwave bowl, heat on full power stirring every minute until thick and drops off the spoon like runny toffee. Leave to cool.
- Whip the cream and stir in seeds from vanilla pod.
- When pavlova has cooled, pour over toffee, top with vanilla-cream and decorate with grated chocolate.