An easy twist on classic chocolate chip cookies, the marshmallows melt, caramelize and bring a whole other level to these cookies!
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. corn starch
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- ¾ cup mini marshmallows
- Cream the butter and the sugars until fully mixed and fluffy, about 4 minutes on medium speed. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, corn starch, baking soda, and salt and add to the butter mixture until well combined.
- By hand, add in the chocolate chips and marshmallows to ensure even distribution.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or heaping tablespoon, shape the dough into balls and place on a parchment lined baking tray. Chill for at least 30 minutes or freeze.
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Arrange chilled dough on a parchment-lined cookie sheet, leaving at least 3 inches between cookies. Bake 15-18 minutes until browned on edges but still soft in the center. Let cookies cool on cookie sheet.
- If cooking from frozen, allow cookies to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes and they may require a few more minutes of baking time.