Caramel ice cream with sauce… Yum! So quick and easy to add a yummy caramel flavor to your ice cream, you’ll wonder why you haven’t been making this all the time. Try it, you will definitely enjoy it.
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ice cream
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the cream, water and corn syrup until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in butter and vanilla until butter is melted. Serve warm or cold over ice cream. Refrigerate leftovers.