Fried wontons – BEST wontons recipe! Homemade, crispy, simple ingredients. Learn how to make wontons with this easy Chinese recipe.
- 1/2 lb ground pork chicken or turkey
- 1/4 lb shrimp chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce or fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 dashes white pepper powder
- 1 pack wonton wrappers
- Water for sealing
- Oil for deep frying
- In a bowl, mix the ground pork, shrimp, soy sauce, sesame oil and white pepper together.
- Stir to combine well to form a sticky filling.
- To wrap the wontons, lay a piece of the wonton wrapper on your palm and add 1/2 tablespoon of the filling in the middle of the wrapper.
- Dip your index finger into the sealing water and trace it on the outer edges of the wonton wrapper.
- You can wrap the wontons three ways.
- To make a triangle, just fold it up to form a triangle. Pinch the edges to seal tight.
- To make them into the pretty shape (far left in the above picture), just pull the two corners of the triangle down so one overlaps the other, pinch and seal with water.
- To make them into Hong Kong style wonton (far right in the above picture), please watch my YouTube video below.