These are yogurt jellies which, at ToffeeTV, we call Yellies! So let’s learn how to make some Yellies that can really hit the spot!
Little yogurt jellies are sweetened with no-added-sugar and are super yum and easy to make, especially if you are used to finishing a meal with dessert. The yogurt adds some extra protein and the jellies are topped with mixed berries for fiber. Leaf gelatine is very simple to use and available, so give it a go.
- 4 sheets leaf gelatine
- 6 tbsp sugar-free lemon or orange squash
- ½ lemon, zest only, finely grated
- 150g/5½oz fat-free natural yogurt
- 200g/7oz mixed fresh berries (alternatively use frozen berries)
- A handful of fresh mint leaves
- Put the gelatine sheets in a medium bowl and cover with cold water.
- Leave to soak for five minutes or until they soften.
- Turn them a couple of times to make sure they don’t stick together.
- Pour the squash, lemon zest and 100ml/3½fl oz of water into a small saucepan and heat very gently until just warm.
- Remove from the heat.
- Squeeze the gelatine sheets to remove excess water and then add to the pan, stirring until it melts into the liquid.
- Stir in 250ml/9fl oz water and the yogurt until they are thoroughly combined.
- Pour the jelly into four glass tumblers or dishes, cover with cling film and chill for 5-6 hours or overnight until set.
- Serve the jellies topped with fresh berries and mint leaves to decorate.