Popcorn is so awesome and so is chicken! Put both together and you end up with bite-sized pieces of chicken that are sure to be a family favorite. Serve it with homemade mashed potatoes, green beans and a whole bunch of giggles!
Here’s an easy recipe to make in your home.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- oil for frying
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- Mix flour, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl.
- Beat eggs and lemon juice together in another bowl.
- Heat 1.5 to 2 inches of oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Dip the chicken pieces into the flour mixture, then the egg mixture, and again into the flour mixture.
- Test the oil to make sure it is hot enough: a small amount of flour dropped in should sizzle.
- Place 10 pieces of chicken into the hot oil; cook until golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oil and drain on a paper towel lined plate and season with salt.
- Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Serve with Ketchup, sauce and love!