This is the fruit salad for a backyard bbq, a quick friend’s get-together or absolutely any occasion. You can make these with seasonal fruit and use all natural, ecologically grown fruit so there aren’t any health hazards! Here we go.
- 2/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 3 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 2 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 cup seedless grapes
- 2 cups blueberries
- Bring orange juice, lemon juice, brown sugar, orange zest, and lemon zest to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla extract.
- Set aside to cool.
- Layer the fruit in a large, clear glass bowl in this order: pineapple, strawberries, kiwi fruit, bananas, oranges, grapes, and blueberries.
- Pour the cooled sauce over the fruit.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours before serving.
Oh – Don’t forget to take a photograph so you can share with your friends and make them come back for more!