Grilled cheese sandwiches, cooked on the grill, taste super good. Add beef or turkey bacon to the mix with yummy cheese and you have yourself a mouth-watering awesome snack!
Here’s a quick recipe to make these at home. Let’s try it
- 8 slices beef or turkey bacon
- 4 (1/4-inch-thick) slices red onion
- 4 (3/4-oz.) slices Cheddar cheese
- 4 (3/4-oz.) slices mozzarella cheese
- 8 (1/2-inch-thick) slices sourdough or Vienna bread
- Heat closed contact grill for 5 minutes.
- When grill is heated, place bacon on bottom grill surface. (If necessary, cook 4 slices at a time.)
- Close grill; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until browned.
- Remove bacon from grill; drain on paper towels.
- Cut bacon slices in half crosswise.
- With rubber scraper, carefully scrape most of drippings from grill into drip tray.
- Add onion to grill.
- Close grill; cook 4 to 6 minutes or until tender.
- To make sandwiches, layer Cheddar cheese, cooked bacon, onion and mozzarella cheese between bread slices.
- Place 2 sandwiches on bottom grill surface.
- Close grill; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until bread is toasted and cheese is melted.
- Repeat with remaining sandwiches.