Two favorite desserts are blended into one sensational Banana Pudding Cheesecake: Pudding and cheesecake! This has to be one of our favorite recipes you can easily make at home. What appeal!
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted 17 vanilla wafers
- 2 large ripe bananas, diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 (8-oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed vanilla wafers
- Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together first 3 ingredients in a small bowl until well blended.
- Press mixture onto bottom of a greased and floured 9-inch springform pan.
- Stand 17 vanilla wafers around edge of pan (rounded sides against pan), pressing gently into crust to secure.
- Bake 10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack (about 30 minutes).
- Combine bananas and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Stir in brown sugar.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 1 minute or just until sugar has dissolved.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer 3 minutes or until smooth.
- Gradually add granulated sugar, beating until blended.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Gently stir banana mixture into cream cheese mixture. Pour batter into prepared crust.
- Bake at 350° for 45 to 55 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Remove cheesecake from oven; gently run a knife around edge of cheesecake to loosen.
- Sprinkle top of cheesecake with coarsely crushed wafers.
- Cool completely on a wire rack (about 1 hour).
- Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Serve Banana Pudding CheeseCake as a dessert.