Kulfi is one of Pakistan’s best ice creams ever! However, unlike ice cream, kulfi is not churned. Kulfi is a fantastic summer dessert. Here’s a quick and easy version of kulfi for you to make and eat up!
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1/4 cup dry milk powder
- 2 teaspoons white sugar, or to taste (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 pinch saffron threads
- Stir the milk, condensed milk, and dry milk powder together in a heavy-bottomed pan and bring to a boil.
- Add sugar, cardamom, and saffron to the boiling milk; reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature; fold the pistachio nuts into the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into popsicle molds and freeze until solid, about 1 hour.
- Serve immediately.