Buttermilk biscuit is a combination of milk and butter. And these cookies are our all time favourite! We’re sharing a quick and easy recipe to make ‘ButterMilk Biscuits’ in just 30 minutes.
- 125g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons milk
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl until it is pale and creamy.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Sift flour and baking powder over butter mixture.
- Add milk and stir until the mix combines.
- Using 1 heaped tablespoon of mixture at a time, roll mixture into balls.
- Place mixture on baking trays lined with baking paper.
- Using the heel of your hand, gently flatten biscuits.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, swapping trays over in oven after 10 minutes, or until light golden.
- Allow biscuits to cool on trays for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Serve with tea/coffee 🙂