What You Need
A small bowl, a whisk, a frying pan, a spatula
2 large eggs, salt, pepper, 1 tablespoon oil
How to Make It
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl and whisk.
- Heat the oil or butter in a 9-inch non-stick frying pan and pour in the eggs.
- In the first 30-seconds of cooking, use a spatula to create 6-10 small cuts through the omelette.
- This allows the uncooked egg on the top to flow down to the bottom of the pan.
- When the top is nearly set, sprinkle any fillings over half of the omelette and turn off the heat.
- Don’t worry if some of the egg in the very centre isn’t quite set, because the ambient heat will soon cook it.
- Use your spatula to flip one half of the omelette over the other and serve immediately.